ComputerRentals.ca Privacy and Confidentiality Policy
ComputerRentals.ca adheres to a stringent policy for gathering, using, storing and protecting the personal data of website users. The details of this policy are provided on this page. If you have any reservations towards this policy or disagree with it, you are advised not to use this website. This policy can be changed at any time. Website users will be informed when such a change takes place. Please note that the policy applicable at the time when any personal information is collected will determine how that information can be used.
Collection of Personal Data
Your personal information may be required to access some parts of this website. You may have to fill up your name, address, telephone number, email address and other information in a form to access these parts of the website.
Use of Personal Data
Any data collected by us will be used only for the purpose for which it was collected – to be able to contact you with more information on the service that you are looking for. The content and behavior of the site may be personalized depending on the information provided by you. This helps us make our service more relevant to the users of this website. ComputerRentals.ca is the only owner of this personal data.
If you do not wish to receive periodic information on our services, contact us by email so we can remove you from our mailing list.
Sharing of Data
Your personal data will usually not be shared with any external party and it will never be sold to any party. However, in the following exceptional circumstances, we may have to reveal this information:
- When we are legally required to reveal this information, either to comply with a regulation or when a court order compels us to do so.
- When we suspect illegal activity or when there is a good reason to believe that revealing this information will help law enforcement agencies.
- We may share this information with third part contractors hired by us. The information is used only for the specific purpose for which it is shared and contractors are not permitted to use the information for their own benefit.
When the sharing of this information is required to deliver a particular product or service to you. In such cases, the information may be shared with:
- Financial companies like credit rating agencies, Claims or payment processing companies, cheque printing companies, call centers, delivery agencies etc.
- Insurance companies or any other companies related to the service that you have requested
- To offer services or products offered by other companies of our own group, we may share your information with these groups. For this purpose, the information may also be shared with sales and marketing agencies, delivery agencies etc. If you want, you can choose not to receive any marketing communication from us.
Use of Website Logs
We use website logs to understand visitor trends on our website. However, no personally identifiable information is used for this purpose. General information like your IP address, the pages visited by you on the site, the time spent on the site, your internet browser etc. is collected in website logs. This information is used only on an aggregate basis, as it gives us insights into what our website visitors are looking for and what we can do to improve their experience.
Cookies are small files stored on your computer that help websites remember your actions on the website. We only use session cookies, which expire the moment you leave our site. While you are browsing our website, these session cookies ensure that you do not have to enter the same information, like a password, twice. It is not necessary to accept cookies to use this website. You can also choose to turn cookies off before you enter this website.
Links to External Websites
Protecting Your Personal Data
We are fully committed to protecting the personal data that we’ve collected from you. There are several safeguards to ensure that your information remains secure. Your data is encrypted and kept behind a firewall. Access to the computers, on which your personal information is kept, is restricted. Only authorized staff who need to use those computers to perform an important business task are given access.